Saturday, December 27, 2008

OKAY, OKAY... THIS LITTLE PIGGY WENT TO MARKET AND HAD SOME HAM!!!

And not some ham... LOTS of ham!

Actually, it's worse. To be brutally honest, I went on a a three-day, industrial-strength, cruise-ship-quality "binge" over the holidays. I mean, I ate everything in sight... and a few things that weren't!

Let's just say that Fred Meyer will be reporting strong holiday sales.

And I'm not just talking ham. I'm talking about ham (with honey mustard)... and green beans (with onion ring topping)... and candied yams (with brown sugar)... and cranberry sauce (with whipped cream)... and baked pears (with ice cream) and...

And? Could there actually be more? Yes! because then I raided the Christmas stockings! I'm talking Snickers and M&Ms and Milky Way bars and fruit-flavored Tic Tacs and Egg Nog Truffles (a See's Candy holiday tradition for over 50 years)... and (for good measure) I washed it all down with a plate of CHEESE - the highest, calorie-dense food on the planet short of injecting liquidfied-lard directly into your veins!!!

Whew!

And (you guessed it) I gained a little... like in 4 pounds!!!! Going into the holidays I was down to 206.0. This morning I tipped the scale (literally, tipped) at 210.0! Now I find myself with 10.1 pounds to lose... in just 17 days!!!!

But, while I fell off the wagon (it's hard to keep you balance holding all that food) I... will... still... make... it... to... my... goal!!!!! I WILL BE 199.9 at my 100 day weigh-in. I admit, I don't exactly know how (I've been wondering which body parts weight the most and would be least missed if surgically removed) but I will get there.

Can you spell g-y-m-n-a-s-i-u-m?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Rich,

You can do it! I completely understand the temptation of holiday food. I'm guilty of that myself. Try eating a half or full grapefruit a day. They really seem to speed up the metabolism and burn fat. The delicious Texas Ruby Reds are in season and will make this an easy thing to add to your to do list. Ellen and I look forward to celebrating with you when you're done. I got a cocktail shaker and drink book for Christmas and look forward to having you and Andrea as guinea pigs.

Best,
Patrick