Friday, December 12, 2008

Two Thirds of the "Weigh" There

Wednesday (Dec. 10) marked the two-thirds "weigh" (yes, pun intended) of my 100 Day Body Transformation Challenge. So I climbed on my new Weight Watchers scale (I bought it because it measures to the 10th of a pound, and when the final days come it just might be that close) and was rewarded for my efforts with... down 28.1 pounds in 67 days... 4.2 pounds per day.

The far left is Day 1 (Oct. 5, 2008) at 238.5... the middle is Day 33... and the far right is Day 67 at 210.4.













So, to celebrate, I immediately launched on a 4-day "Fruit & Vegetable Fast!" (this sentence usually ended with the words "Ribeye!")

Okay, being on a fruit and vegetable fast really isn't a 'fast' in the true sense since I am eating solid foods... but it is somewhat extreme for me. And it's completely necessary because...
  • I don't want to 'glace' at diet success...
  • I don't want to 'flirt' with diet success...
  • I don't want to 'date' it, either!
I'm taking no chances that I'll get stalled at 210 (trust me, it's happened before) and four days of strictly fruit and veggies seems like the best way to show that I'm 'seriously committed (keeping the 'dating' analogy alive) to diet success.

More on Monday...

1 comment:

HC said...

You're shrinking! Wow! Keep up the great veggie and fruit eating. I just got 2 dozen pears delivered as a holiday gift, I can send you a few. :)