Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm Being Tested, But That Makes Life Interesting, Doesn't It?

I am clearly being "tested" by the big guy upstairs.

After working out really hard for the last three days and saying "NO" to every ounce of bad food and "yes" to salad, fruit, vegetables and water... I climbed on the scale this morning only to discover that I'd... gained... weight!

Only half a pound, mind you, but a gain nonetheless.

So, I'm being tested.

The test, of course, is to see if I have what it takes to persist. To stay the course in the face of dissappointment and discouragement. To keep on keepin' on.

And I have come to believe that it is THIS... the willingness to persist "for as long as it takes" (and perhaps this alone)... that makes ALL the difference in life.

So I'm going to stop writing about it (for the moment) and DO something about it.

I'm putting on my running shoes and heading with Andrea to the gym. Right now.

And, hey, Big Guy - if you're listening?

Go ahead. Test away.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Rich,

I've enjoyed accompanying your journey. Hang in there and I'll know you reach your goals.

Here's one of my favorite quotes that fits your current situation well...

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Best,
Patrick

HC said...

Ready for the next update ...