Friday, October 24, 2008

When You Don's See Results, What Do You Do?

Can you spell P-L-A-T-E-A-U-?

I knew one was coming, and it has. After all, I couldn't continue to lose a pound a day forever (if I did, in eight months I'd disappear!)

I weighed in on Tuesady at 224... and weighed in Firdat at... 224. But here's the good news:

I did everything perfectly. I worked out everyday, and I worked out hard - and not so much as an unauthorized pumpkin seed passed my thin blue lips. Yet the results did not appear.

And this is an important lesson for us all, and not just when it comes to dieting: Sometimes you do everything right (your behaviors) and yet there's nothing to show for it (the results).

Right away, that is...

BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD STOP!!! IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD QUIT!!! In my case here (on this diet) it does not mean I should start eating cheesecake and drinking wine again, just because my body has decided to become stuborn and fight back.

And it's the same in every area of life, in everything you do:

- You can make three perfect sales calls, saying everything exactly right... and yet come away empty handed. But that doesn't mean you should stop making calls or change your approach.

- You can have seven conversations with your child about (fill in the blank) and feel like the message is falling on deaf ears. But that doesn't mean you should stop delivering the message.

- You can spend 2 months writing a new training program (like Andrea and I have) only to look at what you've created so far and wonder if the puzzle is ever going to come together the way you want. But that doesn't mean you should stop, wasting the time you've invested.

Because if you do quit, it's all for naught.

I'll see you here on Monday (Day 23) after climbing on the scale... changing NOTHING that I'm doing and simply persevering toward my goal. And the results WILL come.

They always do.

2 comments:

Courage Crafters (Speakers & Authors) said...

YOu won't be denied!!

HC said...

Drink water! Hold the vision! Go for the gold, baby! You rock!