Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm Off and Running... and a Little Bit Scared!

Okay, the challenge has started!

Yesterday (Sunday, Oct. 5) marked the launch on my 100 Day Weight Loss Challenge with all the activities you'd expect - the initial weigh in... taking "before" photos... and abject horror.

Got on the scale to see the damage and was shocked to find out I'd let myself get back to nearly 240! (see scale photo for proof.)

Next, Andrea 'snuck up' on me and snapped a photo of me laying on the sofa reading the Sunday paper. After seeing it I realized I was starting none too soon. Gave serious thought to throwing the camera (and Andrea) out the window, but decided that Candor (being honest with oneself, which is one of the 12 Powers we'll be talking about in our workshop) is critical to success.

So here's the photo (shield your eyes if you're at all squeamish):

The good news is I had a great (1,700 calorie) day even though we didn't do much in the way of exercise. But that starts today, as we are off to the gym for cardio class in a few hours.

We'll keep you posted!

238.5 Pound Richard

P.S. The next weigh-in is on Friday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Rich,

I'm rooting for you! They say the best way to learn is to teach. I'm guessing that a great way to lose weight is to say you're going to lose weight.

I tried a bit of dieting myself earlier this year and found the Weight Watchers website for men (http://www.weightwatchers.com/men/?odstep=men) to be very helpful. It made me realize that my notions regarding portion sizes needed serious adjusting. Also, the site provided me with a lot of interesting health eating ideas.

Hang in there and I look forward to celebrating with you over a healthy dinner in January!

HC said...

What a fantastic idea! You know how I feel about 100 days ... :). I have been subsisting on a diet of buttered popcorn and M&Ms since the wedding, so I started this morning again as well (before I knew about your blog). Best wishes and if you need a stiletto in the booty (or just warm words of encouragement) you know who to call!

Love, Honoree